Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Never Alone

Never Alone

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 "Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help lift him up."

I remember how true this was a few years ago when my mother fell.  She could not get up on her own and my brother was gone to work. She laid on the floor for a few hours before he got home and found her.  She was never again the same after that.  It really affected her as I am sure it would have any one of us.

This passage from Ecclesiastes rings true in my life.  I have family and friends, but they are not always with me 24/7.  But I have JESUS who is always there, always watching, always ready to come to my aide.  What a feeling of security I have in that.

And don't think that you will not fall.  We all do.  If not physically, then morally.  We need someone to pick up up and dust us off and to give us an encouraging word and to send us on our way. 

How about you?  Are you trying to go it alone? Why?  Give JESUS a chance in your life. Do it today!

Blessings All!

--El

2 comments:

  1. I tried posting this last night but I was apparently alone in my delusion that technology would work for me yesterday. lol

    There is a beautiful song by Barlow Girl called Never Alone and I heard it again just yesterday afternoon. It's just beautiful and it is so comforting to hear it.

    My grandfather lived alone in another state the last few years of his life. He, too, fell and nobody discovered it for many hours. He was Jewish and 95 yrs old so I do wonder how alone he felt. His daughters flew out to see him in the hospital just before he died. I always knew this would happen because he was old, almost blind and demanded to live on his own. Saddens me to this day, not just the physical loneliness and pain, but that he died without Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. A nice easy read.

    I look forward to reading more.

    Every Blessing

    Moray

    www.gospelonetoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete