Sunday, January 20, 2013

Words Do Matter


Watch this video and then read the Scripture. Think on these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Hzgzim5m7oU



Matthew 12:35-37
35 "The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. 36 But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”


I realize this now...I didn't when I was younger.  Friends, words do matter.  You are the only person who can control what you say and that is a huge responsibility. Do not take it lightly.

In my life I have tended to be harsh.  I now realize that this was an act that I used for defense and because of how I was brought up...not an excuse, just the truth. Instead it became and offense,  Not that I intended that to be sure, but nonetheless it was.  How hard it is to break bad habits! It is better to never have started them in the first place.  So please examine yourselves.  If correction is needed, start NOW. Do not wait.  Damage will result.

The good news is that Jesus can help.  Examine His words! Read His Word! Live His Word!  Jesus spoke harshly when needed, but if you read carefully, He spoke many more words of encouragement and healing than He spoke words of condemnation.

Lord, I pray that everyone who read this will examine their own words and correct them if necessary before it is too late to repair damaged relations and hurt souls. Bring them a word of knowledge and wisdom in dealing with this and turn their eyes upon You, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.

Amen!

Blessings All!

No comments:

Post a Comment