Sunday, January 5, 2014

What do you believe?

I think it's time for me to lay down some thoughts on what I believe about Abortion.  Some people seem to be confused about my stand. :-)

1) Abortion is wrong.  Not only do I believe this because I value life. I also believe this because God's word has a lot to say about murder and taking of another human life.  This is sin. Period.

2) Will Jesus forgive anyone who has had an abortion?  Yes, provided that they repent.  There is no blanket forgiveness of sins in Scripture.  It is by individual choice to stop what they are doing and trun away from it, giving their faith to Jesus.

3) How do we stop Abortion?  This is a a harder question to answer...because I have no answer to this. For the Christian, we can simply say, "Stop doing this."  Not so much for the non-believer.

A person rightly said that this is sin and then challenged me to find a way to stop sin. Clever, but not so helpful.  Instead of criticizing me I wish that he would have upheld my convictions and offered some solutions.  As  believers,  we should always build up and not tear down.

Ultimately, this sin will not stop until Jesus returns.  Until that time, we Christians must advocate for the unborn. There is no other group of people more vulnerable to the sin of others than these. Taking the life of another is wrong. I do not see any other way to look at it from a Christian point.

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,
for the rights of all who are destitute.
Proverbs 31:8

Blessings All!

No comments:

Post a Comment