Monday, May 3, 2010

Can people tell?

Acts 2:36-40 "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

and...

Joel Spolsky: "An idea isn't worth that much. It's the execution of the idea that has value. If you can't convince one other person that this is something to devote your life to, then it's not worth it."

We see the apostles changed attitudes and the power with with they preached after the day of Pentecost. But what about our own lives? Have we changed after we became Christians? How? How Much? Would other people around you notice the change?

I remember when I became a Christian. For me it was like a bolt of lightening...a 180 degree turn around from where I was and to where I was going. People around me suddenly didn't know who I was and what I was doing and frankly, that scared them...it even scared me! But in a way it was comforting knowing that the Lord had changed me in such a radical way. It gave me confidence that He was actually there with me. Little did I know that He was not finished with me and from the moment I accepted Him into my life, that my life not only would never be the same...it would never be the same from day to day or year to year. He kept changing me little my little and continues to this very moment. Praise the Lord that I am changing!

How about those around me that I interact with every day or at least regularly? Do they also notice the change or am I the only one? If I am the only one, then it is a wasteful and squandered gift, isn't it? If I am truly being changed in to the likeness of my Lord and Savior, then I KNOW he would want me to share that change with others? Why? because that is what HE did...that is what the Apostles did and that is what every faith-filled person in the Bible did! Certainly even in History, we see courageously changed, spirit-filled men and women doing exactly the same thing...sharing their faith, changing people and the world around them. Taking the Gospel to everywhere and anywhere God has placed them.

Make it a goal of yours today...not tomorrow...now. Right. Now. To share your faith and your life with at least one other person today. May the Lord grant you wisdom, strength and grace while you do it.

Blessings all!

--El

No comments:

Post a Comment