Saturday, May 1, 2010

Matthew 18:21-22 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

The Lord Jesus has always called Christians to a higher standard. Even when we seldom want to go the extra mile, that is when Jesus' words ring in our head. We are an obstinate and stiff-necked people, aren't we? And human actions have not really changed in over 6,000 years. We are still like that. Bot thanks be to God, who does not let us remain stagnant! We are constantly changing, learning, growing. All actions attributable to the Holy Spirit and not really to us. Once we become Christians, the Hold Spirit continues the process of making us more and more like Christ Himself. I don't understand all the ways He does that, nor do I always agree with the way He does it! Hey, I AM human after all...but I have to believe that God loves me and wants the best for me. So even though I may not agree with the methodology...I always must agree with the reason and ultimately, with the result.

Here I am Lord Jesus! Do with me what you will. Your decisions are always best. Amen.

Blessings All!

--El

No comments:

Post a Comment