Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

We had an awesome Christmas eve service at Church last night! http://bethelprinceton.com/

This morning I woke up at 3:00 AM. For me, that's a little late, but I was excited about Christmas and particularly, excited for my grandchildren. I get to see them later today when we bring the Christmas meal over to my son's place. There we will open presents, have a meal and have fun. I will be trying to impress on my 6 grandchildren that the reason we are celebrating, is because this is Jesus' Birthday. If it were not for Jesus, not one of these children would be here today. I can state that with absolute certainty of fact.

If it were not for Jesus, I may not even be here today. Jesus was the one, who, when he came into my life when I was 27 years old, changed me and brought about such a quantum change in my behavior, that I am convinced, that with out His loving kindness, I would have self-destructed. I am not alone. I know many people who have had the same experience.

So apart from all the eating, celebrating, gift-giving and craziness of this world today, think on this: Jesus came into this world cradled in his mother's arms, but he left on a Cross. He came into this world in darkness but He left this world with light. He came into this world unknown but He left this world to be known by many. He came into this world without friends and left this world alone, vowing to come back to His friends. Amen! Come Lord Jesus!

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. There's just something about that name. Kings and kingdoms will all pass away, but there's just something about that name!

Blessings All!

--El

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord. Thank you for sharing and thank you for taking the time to be a huge influence on your Grandchildren.

    If it weren't for Jesus.. I wouldn't have the honor of knowing you!

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha, I know that someday we will meet. Either here, there or in the air! Blessings to you and your family this coming year. Amen!

    ReplyDelete