Monday, June 20, 2011

Anyone who loves ME...

Anyone who loves ME...
 

John 14:23-24 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
 

You woke up this morning by the Grace of God.  You did nothing to earn this day.  It is only fitting that you do the will of your Father in Heaven just as Jesus did.
 
Jesus taught many things during His time on earth.  This is one of the most important.  The context is just before His death.  Jesus is preparing His disciples for the shock by encouraging them and letting them know that there is HOPE.  There is PURPOSE and MEANING in this life...if you do what the LORD asks of you.
 
How soon we forget this simple truth! We take life for granted because we just know that the sun will rise tomorrow...we just know that life will go on.  When we are young, we do not even often have thoughts of our own mortality. What a shame.  Jesus can use us everyday and, as I often tell people when they are older, the fact that you are still here bears witness that Jesus still has things for you to do. Amen?
 
Every morning I wake up and go out side, I hear the birds singing.  I'd like to think that they are singing because they are praising God for another day. Another day to live and enjoy His creation..and for us, it is another opportunity to do the will of the LORD.
 
So it seems to me, the key to understanding the meaning of what Jesus said in John 24:23-24, is to know what Jesus taught, to know the will of Him who sent Jesus.  If Jesus taught what the Father told Him, then surely this is what we need to do as well.
 
In the coming days, we will explore exactly what Jesus taught and how we too, MUST do the will of the Father, by following the teachings of His Son!  Today, as you work, work for the LORD.  You will find that it is the most fulfilling, most meaningful you could ever do. 
 
Blessings!
 
--El

1 comment:

  1. Way to start the day! I agree the birds are praising God and the trees, hills, animals too!

    ReplyDelete