Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Value of Bible Study




2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

I have always thought, even before I was a Christian, that the Bible was a special piece of literature.  Once I became a Christian and was personally in a relationship with Jesus, this idea did not go away, but rather, was enhanced by the knowledge that the Holy Spirit gave me. In fact, when I first became a Christian, the Bible took on a whole new place in my life and I began to read it over and over and over again and I still am amazed at the wisdom I find.  It's called the Living Word of God for a reason.  You can read the same verse one day and get something from it, then you can read the same verse again at some point in the future and apply it differently to your life.  The MEANING of the text never changes...but HOW you APPLY it to your life does.  It's quite amazing actually.

I like to call the Bible a Love Letter from God...to ME. It's more than History, although it is that, it's more like someone who loves you from afar has sent you a chronicling of how He has set the world around you in motion and has intervened in your life both before your were born and now, without you knowing it and has even provided for you a future you can look forward to and rejoice in because as you read it, you can get the sense that all of history was deliberate. Joyful stuff.

I study the Bible every chance I get. I study it in the morning, during the day and at night.  When I am not studying it, I am pondering what I have read in it. It consumes me and at the same time completes me.  I tweet Scripture. I post Scripture verses. There is nothing I would rather do. "But why?", you may ask.  Simply because I do not think there is anything than more important for believers and non-believers alike to know. We believers ought to love and live the Word of God every day, 24x7x365...and non-believers need to know that length and breadth and deepness of God's love for THEM.  Reading and knowing the Bible will indeed show them that.

May you have a blessed time reading and studying God's Love letter to YOU!

Blessings All!


No comments:

Post a Comment